40 Last Minute Marathon Tips
The video below is titled Last Minute Marathon Tips: Shot with Niko D90.by Mike Kobal
I’ve found this as a great resource on what to do before and during a marathon? I stumbled upon it days before I did the Los Angeles Marathon. Some of the things mentioned that I didn’t do almost made me cancel or not finish the race.
Anyway, the two minute “to-do-list” video (I thought) can be a 40 last minute marathon tips…
After watching check the list below. Enjoy my friends and take care.
Here’s the list although not in order as the video… :
- make food and board reservations early
- run for a cause
- drink 2-4 ounces of water every 20 minutes
- avoid puddies
- against headwind draft
- run even splits
- have waterproof disposable garments for before and after race
- when the canon sounds run
- off your hand but forget the tequila
- take warm clothes
- nerves are normal
- take a bottle of water to the starting line
- sip water do not gulp
- eat small sachet of salt before the race
- double knot laces
- take toilet paper
- set two alarm clocks
- eat carbs not fat on race morning
- go to bed at 9pm and read a novel. no worries if you can not sleep.
- dream of Noami Campbell
- get to the start area early, sit down and rest
- before lacing check inside shoes for foreign objects
- have band aid, spare pins, Vaseline, toiletries, hat, gloves, cash and spare socks
- have a great race
- humid weather = slower pace
- no massage last five days before the marathon
- do not spend more than 20 minutes at the race expo
- clip your toe nails
- last week add hours to sleep time
- be on your feet sparingly the day before the race
- eat pasta run faster
- jot down what you put in the bag. avoid rechecks
- no new shoes
- pack your bag the night before the race
- wear running gear you’ve completed a long run in
- secure your chip and race number the night before the race
- fill in emergency contact info on your bib
- when fatigue arrives be proud. the race is tough you are tougher
- everyone feels pain the last 6 miles – suck it up
- no spicy pre-race food
OK, that was some list. If you want more, I do have 10 More Marathon Training Tips.
If your overwhelmed come back later. For now, have a great race everyone!
But wait. You see the orange icon on the top center of this page?
Click that and you’ll be locating 5kGeeks RSS feed.